Terms and conditions
The conditions that apply to the use of Zoofy. By placing a job request you agree to the following.
Article 1. In these conditions, the following definitions apply:
- We / us: Zoofy BV, established in Amsterdam (Amstelveenseweg 88), registered with the Chamber of Commerce under number 63693771
- You / your: the natural person or legal entity who, as a client, uses Zoofy to find a professional.
- Professional: a registered company with the Chamber of Commerce who confirms your job request and who carries out the jobs
- Agreement: the agreement that arises between you - the client - and the professional because you give the order to a professional through Zoofy to perform a job.
Article 2. What is Zoofy?
- We have set up the website Zoofy.nl for you to ensure that you quickly find the right professional for your job in and around the house.
- We have selected odd jobs on our site that you can have performed. We show all prices incl. VAT. The rates that we show are always exclusive of any materials to be used and other incidental costs, unless stated otherwise.
- When selecting a job, enter your details so that the professional who accepts your requests has the correct address and telephone number.
- We only release your data to the professional who picks up your job at the time you choose (day and time block). We do not previously share your information.
- The moment you submit your job application, these conditions apply. As soon as your job request has been confirmed, an agreement will be concluded between the professional and you - the client -, subject to article 2 paragraph 6.
- After submitting your job application, we will send your job request to the professionals in your area who are eligible to help you with the job at the time you indicated. As soon as a professional accepts your job request, you will receive a confirmation of the appointment by e-mail (and sms in case of emergency).
- We do our best to find a professional for the moments (day and time) that you enter in your job application. It is possible that this does not work. Sometimes all craftsmen are too busy and the empty spots in the diary are scarce. We will inform you of this and, if possible, come up with an alternative. It is of course up to you whether you want to use it.
- We assume that the job that you have selected (and describes) is also the job that you want done. If that differs too much from each other, the professional can sell you a NO or adjust the rate. In the most extreme case (and in case of misuse) we will charge 1 hour extra.
- All professionals on zoofy.nl are screened by us in advance. In most cases we have also personally spoken to the affiliated professionals. We always do our utmost best to admit only reliable professionals to our platform. However, we cannot give a 100% guarantee. After completing every job we therefore ask about your experience. Your opinion counts in the decision whether professionals are offered DIY jobs through our platform.
Article 3. What are the costs?
- For each job you can retrieve the current prices based on your zip code. Depending on the type of job we show an hourly rate, a fixed price, square meter price, or a price per meter. All rates are including VAT. Materials, parking fees and any other costs are never included unless specifically stated. If you do not purchase the material yourself, a surcharge of 15% of the material costs will be charged by Zoofy. If the professional arrives at location and it turns out that certain materials are needed that he was not aware of, he will charge an amount of €35 for the time he spends getting these materials. To prevent this, make clear agreements in advance!
- Some jobs are offered as "fixed price". You may therefore assume that the job will be performed for that amount. It may happen that such a job becomes more expensive, for example because the actual situation does not correspond to the description. Often this is because the problem is much more serious than expected or because after the start of the job something is found that was not known before the start. It is important that the professional informs you of this and gives you an explanation of why it will be more expensive. As a client, you should always keep a close eye on whether everything is going well. This way you won't be faced with surprises afterwards.
- Prices can differ every day and at any time, and the amount depends on when you want to be helped. If you want to be helped the same day (emergency), tomorrow, during the weekend or in the evening you usually pay more. Zoofy is entitled to change the prices shown on the website at any time. This can happen for example in case of extreme rush hour.
- Zoofy is not a comparison site where you can request quotes without obligation. You can make an appointment with us immediately for a job to be carried out at a fixed rate at a time that suits you best. A professional spends time (and therefore money) on drawing up a professional quotation. After all, nobody works for free. The professional may charge €50 for the time he spends coming by, estimating the situation and measuring measurements. The professional must then draw up a professional quotation. If you agree with his proposal, he will deduct the calculated amount after the job has been carried out.
- We never charge travel costs. We do charge a service fee after completion of a job. The applicable fee is shown for booking your job. This covers the costs we incur to help you find a professional as quickly as possible. You gave permission for this when you requested the job.
- If the requested job cannot be carried out due to external factors but the pro has been on location and investigated the issue, he may charge €50 for his time + the applicable service charge and warranty package (if chosen).
Article 4. Payments
- After completion of the job, the professional will draw up an invoice. You will receive this by email. Together with the invoice you will receive a payment request via Tikkie. You will also find an iDeal payment link on the invoice. You pay the invoice directly (or at the latest within 4 days after the job has been done) to Zoofy. If a payment is not made, we are forced to charge € 7,50 administration costs after a second reminder.
- Direct payment with the professional is not allowed.
- You are only entitled to warranty, support and mediation by us when the invoice is paid to Zoofy. Also when you have additional work done outside of Zoofy you lose the right to warranty.
- As a client you are only entitled to temporarily suspend payment if you believe that the job is performed incorrectly. You must state within 72 hours of receiving the invoice - by means of a notice of default addressed to the professional - why payment will be suspended. The profesional must always be given the opportunity to inspect the work so that he can determine whether faulty work has actually been carried out and - if so - how this can be remedied.
- The professional may always charge for the first hour, even though the job may be less than one hour of work. Without this minimum purchase it is not worth it for a professional to come to you for smaller jobs.
- The person who makes the request is considered by us as the client and is therefore responsible for timely payment.
Article 5. Cancellation of a job request
- As long as a job request has not been picked up by a professional, you can cancel free of charge.
- For all accepted (confirmed) jobs, you must cancel at least 48 hours before the start of the job. If you fail to do so, Zoofy will charge you the amount of the service fee and warranty package. If the professional is already on his way to you, he may charge you €30 plus the applicable service costs and warranty package.
- You cannot cancel an accepted / confirmed urgent request for today or tomorrow. If you do this anyway, the professional will charge you 1 hour's wages plus the applicable service costs for lost income. This also applies if you "as a client" are not at home at the agreed time.
Article 6. Reporting problems or complaints
- Zoofy does its utmost best to help you as well as possible. We also ask the affiliated professionals to carry out every job to complete satisfaction. Unfortunately, it can never be ruled out that something will not go completely right.
- The professional is responsible for the successful completion of a job. He accepts your assignment to work and is therefore liable for any damage suffered. Should you suffer damage as a result of his acts or omissions, you can only hold the pro liable for this, up to the amount that his liability insurance covers. But no higher than the direct damage suffered. Consequential damage is excluded from reimbursement.
- Zoofy is not a contracting party, but we do our utmost best to ensure that the relationship between professional and you as a customer (client) runs smoothly. The mere fact that you receive an invoice on behalf of Zoofy does not change that.
- Zoofy does not tell the professional how to do his work. If you have doubts about his capabilities, immediately stop the work and contact us. That's what we are here for. We will then look for a solution together with you.
- If you are not satisfied with the end result, tell the professional immediately or report it to us within 72 hours of receiving the invoice. The professional must always first of all get a second chance to finish the job satisfactorily.
- In the event of a complaint, we will do our utmost best to ensure that you are satisfied. If that is no longer an option, you can get your money back in certain circumstances (see the next point). We call this our "money back guarantee".
- The "money back guarantee" means that we will refund a maximum of € 1,000 incl. VAT per job and never more than the amount that you have paid. The following agreements apply to this:
a) If there are complaints and you cannot solve the problem with the home pr or the pro does not want to help you further, we may come to the site to see with our own eyes what is going on. There must actually be gross negligence or damage caused during the work by the professional.
b) You give us the opportunity to solve the problem for you. Visiting and being able to have the job done properly or repaired by another professional affiliated with Zoofy is a condition for a possible reimbursement.
c) In the meantime, if another party solves the problem or if the professional has been paid directly, we can no longer play a role in any (refund) payment. We can then no longer find out exactly what happened.
Article 7. Other matters
- After complete completion of the job you have the option of submitting an assessment of the professional. We are very happy when you do this and it could well be that we even show your review outside our website. Because we are proud of it, or because we can learn from it. When posting a review you give permission to use your review on Zoofy.nl and other places (for promotional purposes).
- We assume that you submit an honest assessment. In case of doubt or in the case of unacceptable language, we may not allow the assessment. Based on customer reviews, we determine whether we can (continue to) offer a craftsman jobs.
- We are constantly improving our website. It can therefore change at any time and not even be the same for everyone.
- To improve our website, we collect data. We do this with (first party) cookies. That may sound a bit vague. But what it comes down to is that we don't know who you are, but we do know what you do on our website. And we do that for all visitors. This gives us a good insight into how our website is used.
- If you enter data with us for sending your job request, you always have the option of having adjustments made or even having them removed.
- The information on our website is compiled and maintained with great care. Despite our care, it is possible that you find typing errors. We accept no liability for such errors. All information on our websites is therefore subject to printing and typing errors.
- Dutch law applies to our terms and conditions.
- In the event that one of the articles is invalid, this does not automatically mean that all articles can be considered invalid.
- We (Zoofy) can change the general terms and conditions at any time and is also entitled to implement these changes.
- If a situation occurs that is not described in our terms and conditions, Dutch law will apply at all times. We do not hope that it will happen, but if we meet in court, it is in Amsterdam.
- If you have questions about these conditions, feel free to ask. Send us an email at [email protected]
Last change was made on 5th of September 2022